Author Profile Tibits
- Zecharia Sitchin was born on July 11, 1920 in Azerbajan Soviet Socialist Republic (SSR), raised in Palestine, and died in New York City on October 9, 2010. He was ninety years old.
- Attended the University of London studying economics
- Worked as an editor and journalist in Israel
- Stationed at the Allied Command in Jerusalem during WWII
- Studied Sumerian cuneiform on his own
- Published The 12th Planet, the first book of the Earth Chronicles series, in 1976
According to Sitchin’s official website, October 9 is “Annual Sitchin Studies” Day. I haven’t read any of his books yet but he has been mentioned numerous times in the TV series Ancient Aliens and Spirit Science’s “Human History Movie”. Basically, Sitchin believed (after studying certain Sumerian text for thirty years) humans were created by the Anunnaki, an ancient alien race from the distant planet Nibiru. They came to Earth to retrieve gold to restore their planet’s failing atmosphere. Mining gold wasn’t going to be easy by themselves so they created humans to do the work for them.
Critics had a blast ripping this theory apart.
I have requested Sitchin’s The 12th Planet from the library about a month ago. It’ll take a while since the book has to be transferred from an out-of-state library. I’m a patient girl and I have billions of other books I’m reading at the moment!
If you read The 12th Planet or any other books written by Zecharia Sitchin, please do share your experiences. ^_^
- The Official Website of Zecharia Sitchin
- Article: “Zecharia Sitchin, One of the Giants of Paleocontact, Passes Away”
- World Mysteries – Zecharia Sitchin